Plan and Register for Classes
Self Service: Student Planning.
In Self Service: Student Planning, you will:
- Plan, schedule, and monitor your progress toward graduation
- Register for classes
- Print your class schedule
- Print your unofficial transcript
- Search for classes based on term, days of the week, time of day, and instructor
- Understand your pre and co-requisites
- Monitor your financial activity
Step by Step Registration Instructions
Register daily between 7 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.
STEP 1: LOG IN
- Go to myHCC and log in using your username and password.
- If this is your first time logging in, visit Password Services to update and access your HCC user account. Need help? Contact the Help Desk at 443-518-4444.
STEP 2: CLEAR ANY REGISTRATION BLOCKS
- Contact the appropriate office to remove any holds.
STEP 3: REVIEW YOUR PLAN & SELECT YOUR SECTIONS
- Choose “Register - Add/Drop/Withdraw” in the Plan & Register menu.
- Enter the course number (e.g. ENGL-121) in the "Search for courses” box; it is best to start with courses already on your plan.
- Choose the term you are registering for in the “Filter Results” column.
- Click “View Available Sections” for the course, located below the course description.
- Choose the section you would like to add to your schedule, and select ”Add Section to Schedule.”
- Review your grading options (choose Graded or Audit) and requisites, and select “Add Section to Schedule.”
NOTE: YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED FOR YOUR SECTIONS AT THIS POINT!
STEP 4: REVIEW YOUR SELECTIONS AND REGISTER
- Go back to “Plan & Schedule,” and navigate to the appropriate registration term. Your selected sections will appear in yellow and will be tagged as “Planned.”
- Make sure you meet the requisites for the course(s) you are adding.
- Click “Register Now.” Once registered, the courses will turn green and will be tagged as “Registered.”
STEP 5: PAY YOUR BILL
- Select the “Pay for Registration” button at the top of your screen.
- On the payment screen, you can see your class sections, your registration charges, and review and accept the Terms and Conditions, before making payment.
- To sign up for the Tuition Payment Plan, go to the myHCC homepage and select “Sign Up/View My Payment Plan.”
- If you have financial aid awards, you must review your estimated financial aid awards to ensure that they cover your tuition charges. Financial aid awards vary based on the number of credits in which you are enrolled. If your awards do not cover your charges in full, pay the difference. For more information, review your awards at myHCC, or contact Financial Aid Services at email@example.com.
Note: Remember, withdrawing from a class may have financial aid, veterans and/or military benefits consequences. Students using financial aid should consult with a financial aid counselor and students using veterans/military benefits should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.