Refund Policies and Dates
To be eligible to receive a refund, students must officially drop a credit class before the deadline.
To view your tuition refund and withdraw deadlines, visit My Tuition Refund and Withdraw Deadlines in myHCC.
During 15-week terms (fall and spring):
Students are eligible for a graduated tuition refund: 100 percent of tuition, the consolidated fee, and course fees by the end of the first week; 50 percent of tuition and consolidated fee only by the end of the second week. During the third week, students may still drop a class but are not eligible for refunds.
During summer, winter or other variable time sessions (late start, fast track, express classes, etc):
Students are eligible for graduated refunds during the first few days of a section. During this period, students are eligible for a refund of either 100 percent of all tuition, the consolidated fee, and course fees or 50 percent of tuition and consolidated fee only. After the posted refund period for these sections, students are not eligible for refunds.
Failure to attend classes does not release a student from financial obligations to the college. Students who are deployed military or emergency workers impacted by a national emergency are encouraged to contact the Office of Records, Registration and Veterans Affairs for additional refund information.
More refund information:
- Howard Community College Tuition, Fees and Waivers Policy
- Refunds are issued through BankMobile. To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.
- For assistance on selecting your refund method, view this information or watch these instructional videos.
- Refunds are determined by the date you officially drop your class(es) through myHCC or in-person. Non-attendance does not constitute an official drop.
- Refunds are based on class start dates and the total number of class meetings. The refund policy is not based on the number of times you have attended the class.
- Schedules for the Laurel College Center may differ from the main campus schedule.
- Please note that only 100% refunds include all tuition and fees; 50% includes tuition only.
- Contact the Office of Records, Registration and Veterans Affairs if you are unsure about the refund policy applicable to your class.
Registration appeals must be submitted no later than the 7th week of the next major term.