Transfer F1 Visa Applicants
June 30th - Fall Semester
November 15th - Spring Semester
Step 1: Read the following important information for International (F1) Applicants
Step 2: Submit an F1 Application
- International (F1) Application for Associate Degree study
- $50 non-refundable application fee
Step 3: Submit the following documents to complete your admission
- Language proficiency requirement
F1 transfer students are required to complete one of the following:
- Successful completion of the equivalent of ENGL-121 at another U.S. college or university
- Howard Community College's placement exam (placement into ENGL 086/ENGL096 or higher is required for admission)
- Current bank statement (checking or savings account) with a balance of at least $34,000*
Payment is expected for duration of study at Howard Community College. Financial documentation must be shown to verify that students can pay for their first year of academic and living expenses before they can be admitted. These costs are currently $34,000* for a year of study (*costs subject to change).
- tuition and fees: $9,300
- books: $2,400
- room and board: $17,100
- personal expenses: $4,200
- health insurance: $1,000
- Financial/Sponsorship Forms
- Official high school diploma or graduation certificate
- Official college or university transcripts
- U.S. transcripts must be official (in a sealed envelope issued by the college/university, or electronic format sent directly to HCC by the college/university)
- Students seeking transfer credit from outside of the U.S. must have their foreign transcripts evaluated by an accredited foreign transcript evaluation agency.
- Visa Documents (Passport, Visa, I-94, and all previous I-20's)
Step 4: After completing admission to HCC...
- You will receive an HCC acceptance letter and we will work with you to have your I-20 transferred to HCC.