Skip Navigation

Return to Campus Information ››

HCC Main Campus
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia MD, 21044
Laurel College Center
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 205
Laurel, MD 20707
Training & Development Solution
Maryland Innovation Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD 21046
Take a Virtual Tour
Take an interactive look at HCC's campus

Overseas F1 Visa Applicants

Application Deadlines:
August 1st - Fall Semester
December 1st - Spring Semester

Step 1: Read the following important information for International (F1) Applicants

Step 2: Submit an F1 Application

Step 3: Submit the following documents to complete your admission

  • Testing requirement
    All F1 applicants must submit or complete one of the following:
    • Official TOEFL report* – iBT score of 74 or higher
    • Official IELTS report – score of 6.0 or higher
    • Official SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing report* – score of 480 or higher
    • Official ACT Reading Subtest report – score of 21 or higher
    • Successful completion of the equivalent of ENGL-121 at another U.S. college or university
    • Applicants currently in the U.S. – HCC English Placement Test (Placement into ENGL-086, ENGL-095, or ENGL-096 required)
           *Use HCC’s Institutional Code 5308 to request official TOEFL and SAT scores to be sent to HCC
           ⁺Use HCC’s Institutional Code 1703
       to request official ACT scores to be sent to HCC
  • Current bank statement (checking/savings account) with a balance of at least $34,000*
    Payment is expected for duration of study at Howard Community College.  Financial documentation must be shown to verify that students can pay for their first year of academic and living expenses before they can be admitted.  These costs are currently $34,000* for a year of study (*Costs subject to change. Additional financial support must be shown for dependents).
    • tuition and fees: $9,300
    • books: $2,400
    • room and board: $17,100
    • personal expenses: $4,200
    • health insurance: $1,000
  • Financial/Sponsorship Forms
  • Official high school diploma or graduation certificate
  • Official college or university transcripts, if applicable
    • U.S. transcripts must be official (in a sealed envelope issued by the college/university, or electronic format sent directly to HCC by the college/university)
    • Students seeking transfer credit from outside of the U.S. must have their foreign transcripts evaluated by an accredited foreign transcript evaluation agency.
  • Passport ID Page

Step 4: After completing admission to HCC...

  • An HCC Designated School Official will prepare the document required to apply for an F1 student visa at a U.S. Embassy, called an I-20.  We can ship the I-20 using standard U.S. mail, or we can give the I-20 to a local sponsor who can ship it using a courier service for quicker delivery.  If approved for the F1 visa, students can travel to the U.S. no earlier than 30 days before the program start date on the I-20.
Giving makes a difference! Your support helps students along their pathways to success.