Information for Au Pairs
HCC offers different enrollment options for Au Pairs – Credit Classes, CustomClasses, or Continuing Education (Noncredit) classes.
- Credit Classes are fully accredited college courses. Students earn a grade and college credit that is reflected on an official transcript.
- Au Pairs are charged the Out-of-State Tuition Rate (plus applicable fees) for credit classes.
- Au Pairs must submit the Admissions Application and present visa documentation to The Office of Admissions and Advising to be admitted to HCC.
- Placement Testing in English or Math may be required.
- To receive a transcript, Au Pairs should submit an Official Transcript Request Form to HCC's RRVA Office after completion of the course.
- Available courses can be found in HCC's Schedule of Credit Classes.
- CustomClass allows you to take a credit course as a noncredit student.
- Au Pairs are charged the In-County Tuition Rate for CustomClasses. There is no consolidated fee charge, but course fees may apply.
- Au Pairs can enroll in CustomClasses by submitting a CustomClass Registration Form to HCC’s RRVA Office.
- Application and Placement Testing are not required.
- To receive verification of enrollment, please email PersonalEnrichment@howardcc.edu after completion of the course.
- For more information, please visit HCC's CustomClass webpage.
Continuing Education (Noncredit) Classes
- Noncredit Classes are courses that do not offer grades or college credit and do not have tuition rates. Each class has its own cost depending on class time, materials, etc.
- Au Pairs can enroll in noncredit classes in a variety of ways. Please see here for registration details.
- Placement Testing may be required depending on the course.
- To receive verification of enrollment for noncredit English classes, please email email@example.com after completion of the course.
- To receive verification of enrollment for all other noncredit classes, please contact HCC's Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development after completion of the course.
- For more information and course offerings, please visit HCC's Continuing Education webpage.