Applicants with visa categories other than F1 (student visa) should complete the following steps to be admitted to HCC:
- Submit the Admissions Application.
- Bring ORIGINAL visa/immigration documentation to The Office of Admissions and Advising (faxed, emailed, scanned, or photocopied credentials are not acceptable).
- Acceptable forms of visa/immigration documentation
- Dream Act/DACA Information
- Students in the U.S. with no current immigration documentation are welcome to attend HCC! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Those in the United States with B1/B2 visa status are generally not permitted to enroll in credit coursework.
Those in the United States with F2 visa status are eligible to enroll in credit coursework on a part-time basis. Students with F2 status should meet with an international advisor for details.
Tuition for international citizens enrolled in credit classes and programs is based upon immigration and residency status prescribed by state law. International citizens with Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee status who reside in Howard County are entitled to in-county or in-state tuition in accordance with state law. They may also be eligible for financial aid and scholarships. International citizens with A, BC, E, G, H1, H4, I, K1, K2, L, N, O, R, SN, T, U, and V visas, and those with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS), are eligible for in-county and in-state tuition in accordance with state law, but are generally not eligible for financial aid. International citizens with J visa status are not eligible for in-county or in-state tuition, or federal financial aid. Financial Aid Services verifies eligibility for financial aid and scholarships.