Change of Level F1 Visa Applicants
Application Deadlines: Rolling
Step 1: Read the following important information for International (F1) Credit Degree Applicants
Step 2: Submit an F1 Application
- International (F1) Application for Associate Degree study
- $50 non-refundable application fee
Step 3: Submit the following documents to complete your admission
- Language proficiency requirement
- Placement into ENGL-086 or higher (Howard Community College's credit placement test will be required for students who have not completed appropriate EI coursework).
- Current bank statement (checking or savings account) with a balance of at least $34,000*
Payment is expected for duration of study at Howard Community College. Financial documentation must be shown to verify that students can pay for their first year of academic and living expenses before they can be admitted. These costs are currently $34,000* for a year of study (*costs subject to change).
- tuition and fees: $9,300
- books: $2,400
- room and board: $17,100
- personal expenses: $4,200
- health insurance: $1,000
- Financial/Sponsorship Forms
- Official high school diploma or graduation certificate
- Official college or university transcripts, if applicable
- U.S. transcripts must be official (in a sealed envelope issued by the college/university, or electronic format sent directly to HCC by the college/university)
- Students seeking transfer credit from outside of the U.S. must have their foreign transcripts evaluated by an accredited foreign transcript evaluation agency.
- F1 Change of Level Form (completed by your English Institute International Advisor/DSO)
- Visa Documents (Passport, Visa, I-94, and all previous I-20's)
Step 4: After completing admission for Credit Degree Study at HCC...
- You will receive a new I-20 with your Credit Degree program information and an HCC international advisor will assist you with course registration.