The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
During summer 2018, the STARTALK program will run from Monday, July 2 through Thursday, August 2. Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program is currently available.If you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year, and submit new supplemental items each year. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the STARTALK Application form (Online).
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted (either postmarked or submitted online) no later than the April 20, 2018 deadline.
Documents can be submitted by mail to:
Office of Admissions and Advising
Howard Community College
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
- STARTALK Application Deadline- STARTALK is accepting a limited number of applications on a rolling basis until the program is filled. Please follow the directions above to apply.
- Notification date for Admission Decisions- Friday, May 11, 2018
- STARTALK Orientation for accepted students- Friday, June 29, 2018, 6:00pm - 8:00pm Duncan Hall Rm 100
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at email@example.com or 443-518-4599.