Important Notice: The STARTALK intensive summer language program for Summer 2020 has been postponed to Summer 2021. We understand this cancellation may initiate various questions.
The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and typically run from early July to early August.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program will be available closer to Summer 2021. When available, please be sure to select that you are a high school student and applying to the STARTALK program. If you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year, and submit new supplemental items each year. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the STARTALK Application form.
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted (either postmarked or submitted online) no later than the deadline.
The application calendar will be updated with Summer 2021 deadlines at a later date.
- STARTALK Information Session:
- STARTALK Application Deadline:
- Notification Date for Admission Decision:
- Intent to Enroll Deadline:
- STARTALK Orientation:
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-518-4599.