The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and typically run from early July to early August. Check back for summer 2020 dates.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program will be available in the spring. If you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year, and submit new supplemental items each year. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the STARTALK Application form (Online).
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted (either postmarked or submitted online) no later than the deadline (coming soon).
Documents can be submitted by mail to:
Office of Admissions and Advising
Howard Community College
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
- Dates and Deadlines coming soon.
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at email@example.com or 443-518-4599.