The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
During summer 2019, the STARTALK program will run from Monday, July 1 through Thursday, August 1. Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program is currently available.If you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year, and submit new supplemental items each year. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the STARTALK Application form (Online).
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted (either postmarked or submitted online) no later than the April 22, 2019 deadline.
Documents can be submitted by mail to:
Office of Admissions and Advising
Howard Community College
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
- STARTALK Information Session - Monday, April 1, 2019 at 6pm in Duncan Hall Rm 100
- STARTALK Application Deadline- Monday, April 22, 2019
- Notification date for Admission Decisions- Friday, May 10, 2019
- Intent to Enroll Deadline- Friday, May 31, 2019
- STARTALK Orientation for accepted students- Friday, June 28, 2019, 6:00pm - 8:00pm Duncan Hall Rm 100
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-518-4599.