The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and typically run from early July to early August.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program is now available here. Please be sure to select that you are a high school student and applying to the STARTALK program. If you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year, and submit new supplemental items each year. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete the STARTALK Application form.
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted (either postmarked or submitted online) no later than the deadline April 20th.
Documents can be submitted by mail to:
Office of Admissions and Advising
Howard Community College
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia, MD 21044
- STARTALK Information Session: Monday, March 30th at 6pm in Duncan Hall RM 100
- STARTALK Application Deadline: Monday, April 20th
- Notification Date for Admission Decision: Friday, May 8th
- Intent to Enroll Deadline: Friday, May 29th
- STARTALK Orientation: June 26th from 6pm to 8pm in Duncan Hall RM 100
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at email@example.com or 443-518-4599.