Important Notice: The STARTALK Program will resume summer 2021 virtually! Read below to find out more.
The STARTALK program is a tuition-free, grant funded, intensive summer language program for high school students (rising freshman through graduating seniors) to learn Arabic or Mandarin Chinese in our World Languages academic program.
Classes meet daily on Mondays through Thursdays, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and typically run from early July to early August.
The application for HCC's STARTALK program is now available for Summer 2021. When available, please be sure to select that you are a high school student and applying to the STARTALK program. If you are a current JumpStart/Dual enrollment student or if you have participated in STARTALK in the past, you must re-apply each year and submit new supplemental items as well. Follow these steps to apply:
- Complete an HCC Application.
- Create a new account if you do not have an existing account
- Click "Apply Online"
- Select "Start a New Admissions Application"
- Be sure to check yes to "Are you a current high school student?" and "Are you applying to the STARTALK Summer Language Program?"
- Complete all required fields and click submit at the end of the application
- Submit official high school transcript
- Complete and submit your STARTALK Essay
- Submit One Teacher/Counselor Recommendation
- Complete and submit the STARTALK Parent/Counselor Signature Form
All materials must be submitted online no later than the deadline.
- STARTALK Information Sessions:
- HCC in the Know- March 11, 2021 at 3:30PM
- STARTALK Information Session- April 16, 2021 at 6PM
- STARTALK Application Deadline: April 30, 2021
- Notification Date for Admission Decision: May 7, 2021
- Intent to Enroll Deadline: May 21, 2021
- STARTALK Orientation: June 25, 2021
- Contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443-518-4599.