Dual Enrollment for Home School, Private School, and Out of County Students
HCC offers flexible options for high school students looking to start their college career. Students have access to HCC’s full offering of courses*, campus resources, and student life.
Students can take just one course or finish a degree or certificate while in high school. Students who choose dual enrollment with HCC can save time and money while completing their college degree as part of vibrant and rigorous college experience that can help them reach their goals.
How to Apply
- Complete HCC’s Online Application
- Submit a complete Dual Enrollment Signature Form to the Office of Admissions & Advising
- Current 8th, 9th, and 10th grade students have additional admissions procedures. They should contact the Office of Admissions & Advising at email@example.com or 443-518-4599 to find available times for a pre-admission interview with an advisor.
- After applying students should meet with an academic advisor to plan and finalize their schedule
How much does it cost?
- Tuition is discounted 50% off HCC’s tuition costs for Legal Residents of Howard County per HCC’s Residency Policies During the Fall, Winter, and Spring Semesters.
- Families are responsible for paying course and consolidated fees, books, and discounted tuition.
- HCC’s current academic year tuition rates and fees are available at howardcc.edu/pay.
- Tuition costs change annually.
- High School students are not eligible for federal student aid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will college credits earned at HCC transfer?
HCC credits will transfer to Maryland public four-year colleges and universities and most private and out-of-state colleges and universities*. HCC transfer advisors will assist students in planning for transfer to the college of their choice.
Can I count dual enrollment courses towards my high school diploma?
This is dependent upon the school or organization who will be awarding your high school diploma. Students should consult their school counselor or curriculum coordinator for options that satisfy both college and high school requirements.
Am I required to attend HCC after graduation?
While structured programs provide a clear path for completing an associate degree at HCC, the college credits earned may be transferred elsewhere.
* - Transferability of credits may vary depending on the course and the college or university.