Military to RN
The Military to RN Pathway Sequence is an opportunity for advanced standing in the associate of arts degree in nursing for military corpsmen and medics who meet specified criteria. Students are encouraged to speak with an advisor regarding prior coursework requirements.
Steps to Apply
- Meet with an allied health admissions counselor during scheduled walk-in advising hours. You may also sign-up for an information session, if available
- If not already a current HCC student, submit an HCC application for admission
- Pass the Clinical Nursing Admission Assessment - the minimum qualifying score on the HESI Clinical Nursing Admission Assessment score is an overall 70%.
- Complete the required coursework with appropriate minimum GPA.
- Have Prior Credit: Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended: Complete an Official Transcript Evaluation Request Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242).
- Provide a copy of DD214, Military Transcripts with proper designation for medic or corpsmen, and no more than 5 years from discharge.
- Complete a supplemental application for the Military to RN Pathways program and submit online. The application fee for this program is $25. Applications will be available between September 15 through February 15 each school year, with the February date as the final deadline.
- Military to RN Pathways Supplemental Application will be available 9/15/22-2/15/23 for the summer 2023 admission cycle.
- A drug screening and criminal background check will be required prior to enrollment in any nursing and allied health clinical course in order to ensure the safety of patients in the clinical setting. Students who do not comply with the drug screening and criminal background check are ineligible for placement in clinical agencies and are not able to progress in the clinical program. It is the student’s responsibility to know whether they are eligible for licensure. If a student has a criminal background, it is the students’ responsibility to explore whether the background will prohibit them from being licensed and employed in the health care industry. HCC faculty and staff are not able to provide legal advice. If you have any questions about your background, you may wish to discuss this matter with legal counsel.
- As of 6/17/2021 ALL students who accept a clinical seat will be required to show proof of completed COVID-19 Vaccine prior to beginning their clinical semester.
- As of Fall 2022, I will be required to show proof of health insurance. Howard Community College does not provide or sponsor health insurance for students. In the event that I sustain an injury while on campus or in clinical, it is my responsibility to utilize my own health insurance plan to cover the cost of treatment and/or follow up care.
Pathway Program Documents
- Military to RN Pathway Sequence Planning Sheet (PDF)
- Military to RN Supplemental Application
To view the Portable Document Format files (PDFs) from this site, download a free Acrobat Reader.