LPN Program Admissions
Steps to Apply
- Sign up to attend one of our nursing information sessions.
- Submit an HCC application for admission.
- Take placement tests, if applicable: Students may be exempt from the placement test if they have transcripts showing completion of college-level English and/or math at another academic institution, qualifying High School GPA or SAT/ACT test scores. Please speak to an advisor to review your options.
- Pass the Nursing Admission Assessment. - minimum qualifying score on the HESI Clinical Nursing Admission Assessment score is an overall 70%.
- To be considered under the first admission period, applicants must complete the assessment and all prerequisite coursework by February 15.
- To be considered under the second admission period, applicants must complete the assessment and all prerequisite coursework by the end of the Spring semester.
- Complete the required prerequisite coursework with the appropriate minimum prerequisite and overall college GPAs.
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended. Complete the Official Transcript Evaluation Form and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242).
- Complete the supplemental application for admission to the Licensed Practical Nursing Certificate Program and submit it to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242).
The application fee is $25. The application cycle for nursing runs between September 15 and February 15 of each school year, with the February date as the final deadline.
A drug screening and criminal background check will be required prior to enrollment in any nursing and allied health clinical course in order to ensure the safety of patients in the clinical setting. Students who do not comply with the drug screening and criminal background check are ineligible for placement in clinical agencies and are not able to progress in the clinical program. It is the student’s responsibility to know whether they are eligible for licensure. If a student has a criminal background, it is the students’ responsibility to explore whether the background will prohibit them from being licensed and employed in the health care industry. HCC faculty and staff are not able to provide legal advice. If you have any questions about your background, you may wish to discuss this matter with legal counsel.
LPN Certificate Program Documents
To view the Portable Document Format files (PDFs) from this site, download a free Acrobat Reader.