Nursing and Allied Health Admissions
Our nursing and allied health programs have their own requirements for admission, so be sure to complete these processes to apply.
- Start your process by submitting your HCC application for admission.
- Sign-up for an Information Session.
- Next, follow the requirements for your selected program below.
Nursing Admissions Process
We offer several nursing programs at Howard Community College, each with its own distinct admissions process. Click to find out the steps you need to take and requirements you must meet to apply to these selective admissions programs.
Continuing Education (Noncredit) to Credit Programs
In addition to these programs, we hold transfer articulation agreements with the following Nursing Schools: Notre Dame of Maryland University and University of Maryland at Baltimore.
Allied Health Admissions Process
We offer several allied health programs at Howard Community College, each with its own distinct admissions process. Click to find out the steps you need to take and requirements you must meet to apply to these selective admissions programs.
In addition, we offer seamless transfer from HCC to four-year universities through our articulation agreements for specific programs.
- Dental Hygiene - University of Maryland Baltimore
- Medical Laboratory Technician - George Washington University and University of Maryland Baltimore
Additional Admission and Clinical Requirements
The college reserves the right to revise admissions policies for all of its clinical healthcare programs in accordance with state law and accreditation requirements, and for reasons deemed necessary for student and program success.
- Admission to the clinical component of allied health programs requires the successful completion of certain prerequisite courses. If you plan to pursue an allied health program at HCC, check first with an allied health advisor before taking a course at another college because science courses taken at other colleges with online labs may not necessarily transfer to HCC.
A drug screening and criminal background check will be required prior to enrollment in any nursing and allied health clinical course in order to ensure the safety of patients in the clinical setting. Students who do not comply with the drug screening and criminal background check are ineligible for placement in clinical agencies and are not able to progress in the clinical program. It is the student’s responsibility to know whether they are eligible for licensure. If a student has a criminal background, it is the students’ responsibility to explore whether the background will prohibit them from being licensed and employed in the health care industry. HCC faculty and staff are not able to provide legal advice. If you have any questions about your background, you may wish to discuss this matter with legal counsel.
Choosing the Right Program
- Visit the college's Health Sciences Division web pages for more information on the nursing and allied health programs offered at HCC, or contact us at 443-518-4230 or email@example.com.
- Additional allied health programs are offered in conjunction with other Maryland community colleges through the Mid-Maryland Allied Healthcare Education Consortium.
- Articulation agreements between HCC and other colleges may be a factor in admission to specific programs. Students presently planning to change their learning program to nursing and/or other allied health programs must see an academic advisor to complete a change of learning program form.
- HCC offers a variety of resources to help you manage the cost of your education. Financial assistance includes grants, scholarships, loans, work-study, and payment plans. Please visit Pay for College and Financial Aid Services to learn more.
- Students who have been admitted to the clinical portion of an allied health program at HCC should click here for more information regarding orientation and clinical requirements. Students must be physically and academically prepared to participate in clinical assignments which occur at different times in a variety of geographical locations.