Cardiovascular Technology Admissions
Steps to Apply
- Sign up to attend one of our information sessions.
- Submit the HCC application for admission.
- Take placement tests, if applicable: Students may be exempt from the placement test if they have transcripts showing completion of college-level English and/or math at another academic institution, qualifying High School GPA or SAT/ACT test scores. Please speak to an advisor to review your options.
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges you wish to transfer credit: Complete an Official Transcript Evaluation Form.
- Complete specific prerequisite coursework before enrolling in CVT and other supporting classes. Please consult with a Nursing/Allied Health Advisor in the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242) to get the most current information on prerequisites and requirements. The College reserves the right to change, without notification, any requirement, fee or program, if it is deemed necessary.
- Complete the appropriate supplemental CVT application below:The application fee is $25. The application period for Spring 2020 will be June 15, 2019 - September 15, 2019
- Submit all documents to the Office of Admissions and Advising (RCF-242).
If admitted, a drug screening and criminal background check will be required prior to enrollment in any nursing and allied health clinical course in order to ensure the safety of patients in the clinical setting. Students who do not comply with the drug screening and criminal background check are ineligible for placement in clinical agencies and are not able to progress in the clinical program. It is the student’s responsibility to know whether they are eligible for licensure. If a student has a criminal background, it is the students’ responsibility to explore whether the background will prohibit them from being licensed and employed in the health care industry. HCC faculty and staff are not able to provide legal advice. If you have any questions about your background, you may wish to discuss this matter with legal counsel.
CVT Program Documents
- CVT AAS Degree Program Planning Sheet (PDF)
- CVT AAS Supplemental Application Spring (PDF)
- CVT Certificate Health Care Professionals Program Planning Sheet (PDF)
- CVT Certificate Health Care Professionals Supplemental Application Spring (PDF)
- CVT Certificate Cardiac Monitoring Program Planning Sheet (PDF)
- CVT Certificate Cardiac Monitoring Supplemental Application Spring (PDF)
To view the Portable Document Format files (PDFs) from this site, download a free Acrobat Reader.
- Information for Admitted Students - what you need to know to prepare for your program