Transfer and Completion Resources
No matter where you want to go, you can get there from here.
At HCC, we prepare students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities to earn their bachelor’s degrees. We work with public and private institutions locally and across the country. No matter where you want to go, our academic advisors can help you get there from here.
Use the steps below to enable your transfer process, and check out the following events to find the school that is right for you.
2. Go to academic advising each semester.
Our academic advisors will assist you in making the best course selections each semester to help you reach your transfer goal.
We have academic advising available on a walk-in basis both on site and online. Simply visit us in our office in RCF-242 for On-Site Advising or enter our virtual queue for Virtual Pop-In Advising. We are available every weekday, and our most up-to-date hours, as well as the link to sign into Virtual Pop-In Advising, are listed on our Hours of Operation page linked below.
4. Complete all your applications on time.
Be sure to submit your admissions, financial aid, and scholarship applications by the posted due dates. These dates vary by institution, so be sure to check the website(s) of the school(s) you are interested in attending. Submit your official college transcript from HCC to the institutions for which you are submitting applications. You are strongly encouraged to apply to more than one school, and you must meet priority deadlines for state schools in Maryland.
- For a handy chart of transfer information for all public institutions in Maryland, download this spreadsheet.
5. Request your Howard Community College transcript.
6. Continue to give your best effort.You will be asked to provide a completed transcript which will include your current academic courses, so stay focused! Once you have received your acceptance letters, consider each one carefully. Review your transcript evaluation by the transfer institution. If you have any questions, please reach out to your academic advisor, as well as the admissions office at the transfer institution.
7. Make your decision.Notify your chosen transfer institution by the deadline they provide and give yourself a pat on the back—you have successfully transferred. Congratulations!
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.