Transfer and Completion Resources
No matter where you want to go, get there from here.
At HCC, we prepare students to transfer to a four-year college or university to earn their bachelor's degrees. We work with public and private universities nearby and across the country. No matter where you want to go, our academic advisors can help you get there from here.
Steps to transferring from HCC to other colleges and universities:
1. Research transfer options. Use our online resources including ARTSYS (The Articulation System of Maryland) and CollegeView, visit our resources in RCF-243, and participate in our many transfer events and activities.
2. Go to academic advising each semester. An academic advisor will assist you in making the best course selections each semester to help you reach your transfer goal.
3. Seek all transfer and related scholarships. All students must complete the FAFSA Form (Free Application for Student Financial Aid) to be eligible for scholarships that may be available from the federal and state governments, colleges and universities, and a variety of organizations encouraging students to further their education. The Financial Aid Services Office and your academic advisor will direct you to available opportunities.
4. Complete all of your applications on time. Submit admissions, financial aid, and scholarship applications by the posted application deadline dates. These dates vary by college, so please check its website. Submit your official college transcript from HCC to the transfer institutions you are submitting applications. You are strongly encouraged to apply to more than one institution, and you must meet priority deadlines for state institutions in Maryland.
5. Continue to give your best effort. You will be requested to submit a completed transcript which includes your current academic courses, so stay focused! Once you have received your acceptances, consider each one carefully. Review your transcript evaluation by the transfer institution. If you have any questions, contact your HCC academic advisor as well as the admissions office at the transfer institution. Notify your institution, and provide that important deposit by the deadline date.
6. Make your decision. Notify your chosen transfer institution by the deadline date and relax! Congratulations on your successful transfer!