Skip Navigation

Return to Campus Information ››

HCC Main Campus
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway
Columbia MD, 21044
Laurel College Center
312 Marshall Avenue, Suite 205
Laurel, MD 20707
Training & Development Solution
Maryland Innovation Center
6751 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia MD 21046
Take a Virtual Tour
Take an interactive look at HCC's campus

Transcript Evaluation

Standard Transcript Evaluation Process

If you are interested in transferring credit earned at another US institution or standardized tests, you must be enrolled in credit courses in an area of study (academic major). Complete the following steps to have your academic credits evaluated:

  1. Complete an HCC admissions application. (Note: In most cases, there is an application fee of $25.00.)
  2. Complete the official Transcript Evaluation Request Form online. Remember to fill out this form completely with your current area of study and all institutions previously attended.
  3. Contact all previous institutions you have attended, including four-year colleges and universities and accredited training programs, trade and vocational schools, and the military for official transcripts. Submit your official transcripts (electronic transcripts arrive the quickest) and official standardized tests scores, including the CLEP, DSST, Excelsior College Exams, AP, and IB, to the Office of Admissions and Advising. 

After the Office of Admissions and Advising has received all of your documents, your transcripts will be evaluated. You will receive your Transcript Evaluation Report approximately two-four weeks after the receipt of all official transcripts.

Review HCC’s Credit Evaluation Standards

Specialized Transcript Evaluation Processes

In addition to transferring credit from US institutions, we have specialized processes if you are interested in transferring credit from your military service, international universities, or the Howard County Public School academy programs. Please review the steps below:

Military Credits

HCC accepts college-level credit earned through military training and experience as it applies to your academic program. Submit the following military documentation for evaluation:

  • CCAF (The Community College of the Air Force), or the Joint Services Transcript
  • Official sealed transcripts and electronic military transcripts 

Once all your documents have been received and you have completed the Transcript Evaluation Request Formyou will receive a transcript evaluation within four weeks. 

International College and University Credits

Generally the Office of Admissions and Advising at Howard Community College does not evaluate international transcripts. Students seeking credit from international colleges or universities must take the following steps:

  1. Have your transcript evaluated by an approved accredited international transcript evaluation service.
  2. When this evaluation is finished, complete a Transcript Request Evaluation Form online. Remember to fill out this form completely with your current area of study and all institutions previously attended.

Your international credit evaluation will be reviewed to determine if your credits apply to your program of study at HCC. A Transcript Evaluation Report will be mailed to your home within approximately four weeks of our receipt of all your documentation.

Howard County Public Schools Articulation Agreements

If you have completed certain career academy programs through the Howard County Public School System, you may be eligible to earn college-level credit for specific areas of study.

  1. Complete our High School Credit form (PDF).
  2. Submit an official high school transcript to the Office of Admissions and Advising.

For more information regarding our articulation agreements with the Howard County Public School System, contact one of our academic advisors or your high school counselor.

Need more information? Contact our office or review the answers to our most frequently asked questions.

Giving makes a difference! Your support helps students along their pathways to success.