Website Procedure - 61.11.01
College Policy Number/Title:
Each Howard Community College (HCC) web page is an official representation of the college.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
- Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Maryland State Law protecting the transmission of student confidential information
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) level 3 security
- Heath Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
The accuracy of information appearing on web pages is the responsibility of subject matter experts for that content. Departments and offices are responsible for regular review of content on the website pertaining to their areas and/or in which they are considered to be subject matter experts. The office of public relations and marketing or the office of information technology approves all content prior to publication.
The following information is inappropriate for publication to the college website:
- Copyrighted information without written consent of the owner, such as text, images, and graphics.
- Libelous information to groups or individuals.
- Language that is abusive, profane, or sexually offensive in nature.
- Confidential or non-directory student information, including, but not limited to, student identification numbers, grades, social security numbers, addresses, phone numbers, and any information not in accordance with FERPA.
- Personal and professional information that is not related to the educational mission of Howard Community College.
Removal of Content
The office of public relations and marketing and the office of web services will remove content that does not adhere to HCC policies regarding appropriate content, logos, brand standards, and copyright, with or without notice, as appropriate.
Effective Date: 02/12/21
President's Office Use: VPIT/EDPRM