Grants Management Procedure - 61.05.02
College Policy Number/Title:
The grant manager works with key Howard Community College (HCC) and Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. personnel to ensure that grants are developed and administered in compliance with applicable policies and requirements. The college’s grant cycle, from application through close-out, follows the steps outlined below:
- The grant manager must work with the grants coordinator/writer on the required grant application and HCC approval process. Prior to submission, all grant proposals that require college matching funds must be approved by the area vice president or president. In addition, all financial budgets must be approved by the grant accountant and compliance officer.
- The application is signed by the appropriate college officials and submitted for consideration.
- To ensure all appropriate campus personnel are aware of the award, notification of the grant award will be sent to the grant manager, grant accountant and compliance officer, and the grants coordinator/writer, who will inform the responsible area vice president or, as appropriate, the president, and the department administrator.
- A copy of the grant agreement will be kept by the grant manager and the grants coordinator/writer. Any agreement for a grant that is awarded to the college will be provided to the grant accountant and compliance officer.
- After receipt of all grant documentation related to an award, the grant accountant and compliance officer will work with the grant manager to set up the cost center to facilitate expenditure of the grant award. The grant manager is responsible for cost center management of the grant.
- In the event that the grant manager separates from the college, prior to leaving the grant manager will work with the grant accountant and compliance officer to identify a replacement grant manager/cost center manager.
Effective Date: 12/09/16
President's Office Use: PRES