Work here. Learn here. Grow here.
We are proud that Howard Community College has been selected as a "Great College to Work For" for 10 years in a row by The Chronicle of Higher Education -- the only Maryland community college to make the list!
Why should you consider joining HCC?
- We strive to foster a work environment that attracts and retains talented faculty and staff who are focused on providing pathways to student success.
- Our award-winning professional development program stresses continual learning and adopts a holistic approach to employee development by providing many ways to engage in your personal growth.
- You will benefit from rich, comprehensive medical coverage with a variety of options to meet your needs, as well as high subsidies to lower your costs.
- Our advanced wellness program offers free classes and educational presentations for employees during the workday. Employees gain access to onsite facilities including a track, weight room, swimming pool and locker room.
- As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, we value diversity among our faculty, staff and students, and adopt strategic plans and goals to ensure that diversity is considered in all aspects of employment and education.
Have more questions about jobs at HCC? Email email@example.com or visit the tabs below for more information.
No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here! We invite you to search our employment opportunities by area of interest or by keyword.
If you've already started the application process, check the status of your application by logging in as a returning applicant.
A computer is available in the Office of Human Resources to assist applicants. We understand that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application and/or interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line is 443-518-4822.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
Pursuant to 20 United States Code section 1092(f), the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the college's annual security report containing policy statements and crime statistics is available online. Paper copies of the report are available upon request at the Security Office or by calling 443-518-5500.
The Howard Community College employee benefits program is part of a total compensation program that includes salary, benefits, perquisites ("perks") and world class professional development and training opportunities. Our employee benefits and professional development programs enhance employee morale and productivity and help us attract and retain top quality employees.
Employees can find the Employee Benefits Guide here.
Howard Community College recognizes that a superior teaching faculty and staff is essential for students and for the citizens of Howard County. The college maintains a competitive compensation program consistent with fiscal resources available and consistent with federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to wage and salary practices. The board of trustees establishes the salary schedules for employees.
Training & Development
At Howard Community College, we recognize and value our employees’ contributions toward our continued organizational excellence. Our belief is that all employees have the right and responsibility to take an active role in their professional development.
Opportunities are available in flexible formats, such as webinars, and instructor-led programs. Materials may be borrowed from the professional development media center, which carries books, DVDs and audiobooks on CD.
New employees should visit our new employee page for information about their first days at the college. In addition, employees are required to complete a set of mandatory training, according to their employment category. Visit the new employee training page for instruction that does not require a login, but you will need (and receive) a login for other portions of the intranet.