Howard Community College 5K Challenge Race Raises Over $100,000 for Student Scholarships
Columbia, MD – It was a beautiful fall day for more than 450 participants to run, climb, and crawl through an obstacle-filled course on Howard Community College’s (HCC) campus for the third annual HCC 5K Challenge Race on Sunday, October 30, 2016. With teams from 53 sponsoring organizations as well as college employee, student, and alumni teams, the Howard Community College Educational Foundation raised over $100,000 to support student scholarships.
The overall Corporate Challenge Champion goes to Harkins Builders.
Sponsoring organizations also competed for one of seven challenges, with winners as follows: Tenable Network Security (Challenge Award); Ayers Saint Gross (Design & Construction Challenge); Sandy Spring Bank (Finance Challenge); Howard Hughes Corporation (Real Estate Challenge); Davis, Agnor, Rapport & Skalny (Professional Services Challenge); Howard County General Hospital (Wellness Challenge); and Life Span Network – Beacon Institute (Silver Challenge). Title X won in the HCC alumni, Faculty/Staff category, and the HCC Student Team award was claimed by The Runs.
Winners of the fastest course time were Andrew Parlette (male, 00:19:54) of HCC alumni, Faculty/Staff, and Lauren Leatherman (female, 00:22:54) of Harkins Builders.
Waldon Studio Architects won the “Aim to be Active” 10 week online challenge.
5K Challenge Race 2016 Sponsors included:
- Allen & Shariff
- Ayers Saint Gross
- Harkins Builders
- Howard County General Hospital
- Pandora Jewelry, LLC
- Sandy Spring Bank
- 24 Hours of Booty
- The Columbia Bank
- Gilbane Company
- Hamel Builders
- The Johns Hopkins Carey Business School
- KCI Technologies, Inc.
- M&T Bank
- PNC Bank
- Performance Health
- Tenable Network Security
- Waldon Studio Architects
- American Heart Association
- Bowman & Company, CPA, PC
- Cardiovascular Specialists of Central Maryland
- Columbia Association
- Corporate Office Properties Trust
- Federal Business Council, Inc.
- Allan and Linda Field
- Glassberg/Staines Family
- The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Ingleside at King Farm
- Kaiser Permanente
- Leach Wallace Associates, Inc.
- LifeSpan Network
- Lutheran Village at Miller’s Grant
- Morrison Chiropractic, PA
- Siemens Industry, Inc.
- Smyth Jewelers
- Synergy ECP
- Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center
- We Promote Health
- Bay Bank
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Davis, Agnor, Rapaport & Skalny
- Donley, Inc.
- First Potomac Realty Trust
- Howard County Striders
- Konterra Realty
- L2M, Inc.
- Dr. Scott Buckner, Vein Clinics of America
- Whiteford, Taylor & Preston