HCC Educational Foundation Announces Officers and New Board Members
Columbia, MD – Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. (HCCEF) Executive Director Missy Mattey is pleased to announce the new board officers for fiscal year 2019: board chair, Mary Cannon, president and chief executive officer of Mary Cannon & Associates, LLC. Vice chair, Allen Stott, managing partner of Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC. Secretary, Dr. Kathleen Hetherington, president of Howard Community College. Treasurer, Sean Keller, chief strategy officer for Freedom Consulting Group. Assistant treasurer, Kenneth Solow, founding partner and investment committee chair of Pinnacle Advisory Group.
The foundation board is also pleased to announce the addition of two new members to its board of directors: Bruce Rothschild and Danielle Smith.
Before retiring in December 2017, Rothschild was senior vice president and general counsel for Enterprise Community Investment, one of the leading syndicators of low income housing tax credits and new markets tax credits in the country. He is a member of the Howard County Library System board of trustees, and a trustee of the Columbia Downtown Housing Corporation. Rothschild earned a bachelor’s degree in economics from Princeton University, and a Juris Doctorate degree from the Georgetown University Law Center. He is married with two children and two grandchildren, and has lived in Columbia for 41 years.
Smith started with Baltimore Gas and Electric in 1993 as an engineering/account representative and has held several positions within the company. Most recently she moved to the electric distribution division as manager of the workload management team and the lead for the BGE/Baltimore City Conduit Partnership. Some of Smith’s recognitions include being highlighted in the Afro-American Newspapers’ Character Education Series and Computer and Engineering Horizons Innovators Magazine. She brings 24 years of experience and holds an industrial engineering degree and a master’s in business administration from Morgan State University. She resides in Howard County with her husband and three sons.
HCCEF officers for fiscal year 2019:
- Chair – Mary Cannon, Mary Cannon & Associates, LLC
- Vice Chair – Allen Stott, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC
- Secretary – Kathleen Hetherington, President, Howard Community College
- Treasurer – Sean Keller, Freedom Consulting Group
- Assistant Treasurer – Kenneth Solow, Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc.
HCCEF board members (including officers and new members):
- Jonathan Ahn, Esq., Attorney
- Nancy Calder, Howard Community College
- Charlie Camp, M&T Bank
- Mary Cannon, Mary Cannon & Associates, LLC
- George Doetsch, Apple Ford Lincoln
- Matt D’Amico, Design Collective
- Kathleen Hetherington, Howard Community College
- Sean Hough
- Sean Keller, Freedom Consulting Group
- Christopher Marasco, Revere Bank
- Benjamin Mobley, PNC Wealth Management
- Thomas Munns, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Lisa Olivieri, MileOne Autogroup
- Eric Regelin, GRANIX, LLC
- Bruce Rothschild, Attorney
- Alexander Rugrok, Bouland & Brush, LLC
- Kenneth Solow, Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc.
- Danielle Smith, Baltimore Gas and Electric
- Quentin Smith, Praxis Engineering
- Allen Stott, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC
- Robin Thomas, BB&T Wealth
- Barbara Van Winkle, Nancy Adams Personnel
The Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that provides funds for scholarships, grants, and programs that benefit the college and its students. Established in 1978, the mission of the HCCEF is to improve lives and create opportunities by funding pathways to student success. All administrative costs are covered by the college to ensure that all the money raised goes directly to scholarships or to advance and support the programs and facilities of Howard Community College. One hundred percent of all gifts go directly toward the scholarship, endowment, or program designated by the donor.