HCC Educational Foundation Announces New Board Members
Columbia, MD – The Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. (HCCEF) recently appointed two new members to the board of directors, Charlie Camp and Nancy Calder, faculty liaison.
Charlie Camp is a vice president for M&T Bank overseeing the Howard County Business Banking group. He began his career with M&T Bank in 2008, serving in a number of positions in the retail and business banking divisions. Camp is active in the community, serving on the Board of Directors of the Howard County Chamber of Commerce. Originally from Michigan, Camp received a degree in finance from Miami University, Ohio, and a Master of Business Administration from the University of Oregon. He resides in Ellicott City with his wife and two middle school-aged daughters.
Nancy Calder serves as the program director and chair for Howard Community College’s fully accredited Medical Laboratory Technician Program, and is the associate dean for the college’s Health Sciences Division. She attained the status of full professor in 2015. Some of Calder’s achievements include the facilitation and development of a state-of-the-art student medical laboratory in the Health Sciences Building, service as faculty co-chair for the Middle States Commission on Higher Education’s Periodic Review Report process, and active participation in multiple committees and organizations. In the medical community, Calder serves on advisory committees for the University of Maryland, George Washington University, KEYPOCC Scholarship, and COLA Resources, Inc.
For the 2018 fiscal year, the following individuals are also serving on the board of directors of the Howard Community College Educational Foundation:
- Jonathan Ahn, Esq., Attorney
- Mary E. Cannon, Mary Cannon & Associates, LLC –Treasurer
- Matt D’Amico, Design Collective, Inc.
- George Doetsch, Jr., Apple Ford Lincoln
- Michael Drummond, Harkins Builders
- Kathleen Hetherington, Ed. D., Howard Community College, President (ex-officio) –Secretary
- Sean Keller, Freedom Consulting Group –Chair
- Christopher Marasco, Howard Bank (ex-officio) – Trustee Liaison
- Benjamin Mobley, PNC Wealth Management
- Thomas Munns, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Rodney Oddoye, Baltimore Gas and Electric Co.
- Lisa Olivieri, MileOne Automotive
- Eric Regelin, GRANIX, LLC
- Alexander Ruygrok, Bouland & Brush, LLC
- Quentin Smith, Praxis Engineering
- Kenneth Solow, Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc. –Assistant Treasurer
- Allen Stott, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC
- Robin Thomas, BB&T Wealth
- Barbara Van Winkle, Nancy Adams Personnel –Vice Chair
- Edward Waddell, Dembo Jones, PC
The Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that provides funds for scholarships, grants, and programs that benefit the college and its students. Established in 1978, the mission of HCCEF is to improve lives and create opportunities by funding pathways to student success. All administrative costs are covered by the college to ensure that all the money raised goes directly to scholarships or to advance and support the programs and facilities of Howard Community College. One hundred percent of all gifts go directly toward the scholarship, endowment, or program designated by the donor.