HCC Educational Foundation Announces New Board Members
Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. (HCCEF) Executive Director Missy Mattey announces the addition of three new members to its board of directors: Dave Hartman, Rodney Oddoye, and Katrina Thompson.
Dave Hartman founded Hartman Executive Advisors with his wife and business partner, Marie, in 2004. He received his MBA from Embry Riddle University and an undergraduate degree from the College of the Holy Cross. Hartman is involved in a number of advisory board and charitable efforts and received the Daily Record’s Outstanding Philanthropist Award in 2014.
Rodney Oddoye is the manager of electric distribution operations at Baltimore Gas and Electric Company. In this role, he leads the efforts of approximately 150 utility employees and 120 contractor employees engaged in electric distribution, operations, and maintenance activities in Howard, Carroll, Montgomery and parts of Baltimore City. Oddoye earned bachelor’s degrees in electrical engineering and physics from the University of Maryland College Park and Washington College, and an executive MBA from Loyola University Maryland. In addition, he is a member of the Power Engineering Society, IEEE and a 2014 graduate of Leadership Anne Arundel.
Katrina Thompson is a senior program manager at LG-TEK. She earned a MBA from Strayer University and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Arizona. A certified Project Management Professional (PMP), she holds an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL v3), foundation certificate in IT Service Management. She has spent the last eight years of her career as a consultant to the federal government.
In addition to the new members, the officers and members of the HCCEF for the coming year are the following:
HCCEF officers for fiscal year 2016:
- Chair – Michael Drummond, Harkins Builders
- Interim Vice Chair – Christopher Marasco, Howard Bank
- Treasurer – Mary E. Cannon, Allen & Shariff Corporation
- Assistant Treasurer – Craig D. Flury, The Flury Williams Group, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, LLC
- Secretary – Kathleen Hetherington, Ed. D., Howard Community College President
HCCEF board members (including officers and new members):
- Mary E. Cannon, Allen & Shariff Corporation
- Kevin Doyle, Board of Trustees Liaison (ex-officio)
- Trevor Garner, M&T Bank
- Michael Drummond, Harkins Builders
- Craig D. Flury, Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, LLC
- Paul Gentile, ManTech International Corporation
- Michael Grasso, Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Dave Hartman, Hartman Executive Advisors
- Kathleen Hetherington, Ed.D., Howard Community College (ex-officio)
- Faith Horowitz, Fourth Dimension Engineering
- C. Alan Jefferson, Sandy Spring Bank
- Del Karfonta, Green Connected
- Sean Keller, Sage Management
- Miji Kim, Cosmopolitan Incorporated
- Christopher Marasco, Howard Bank
- Rodney Oddoye, Baltimore Gas and Electric
- Lisa Olivieri, Thomas & Libowitz, P.A.
- Kenneth Pittman, PNC Wealth Management
- Eric Regelin, GRANIX, LLC
- Deborah Rivkin, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Alexander Ruygrok, Aronson & Company
- Kenneth Solow, Pinnacle Advisory Group, Inc.
- Allen Stott, Chesapeake Corporate Advisors, LLC
- Katrina Thompson, LG-TEK
- Patricia Turner, Faculty Representative (ex-officio)
- Edward Waddell, Cardoni Waddell, LLC
- Barbara Van Winkle, Nancy Adams Personnel
HCCEF, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, tax-exempt corporation established in 1978 to raise funds to advance and support the programs, and student scholarships at HCC. There are no administrative costs incurred and 100 percent of all gifts go directly toward the fund designated by the donor.
For information on contributions or other donor opportunities, contact the HCC Educational Foundation, Inc. at 443-518-1970.