Fiscal Year 2019 Officers and Meetings Announced for Howard Community College Board of Trustees
Columbia, MD – The Howard Community College Board of Trustees has elected its officers and scheduled its meetings for fiscal year 2019.
Board of Trustees Officers
The board of trustees elected Kevin Doyle as chair and Felícita Solá-Carter as vice chair for fiscal year 2019. Doyle was appointed to the board in 2007 and will serve through June 30, 2019. He previously served as the board's chair and vice chair; and chair of board's legislative and community relations committee, and audit and finance committee. He also served on the college's facilities master plan steering committee and as the board's liaison to the Howard Community College Educational Foundation, Inc. Doyle worked as a federal government employee for 38 years before retiring in 2012.
Solá-Carter was appointed to the board in April 2016 and will serve through June 30, 2020. She established Felícita Solá-Carter Consulting in 2009.Through her business, she is a senior advisor to government executives, and offers executive coaching, as well as consulting and training on leadership and diversity strategies. Prior to her consulting business, she was employed with the Social Security Administration (SSA) from 1971 through 2009.
Meeting Schedule for Fiscal Year 2019
The board of trustees has set the following dates for its work sessions, regular meetings, and committee meetings during fiscal year 2019. All changes or additions to the meetings will be announced on the news page of The Howard Community College (HCC) website, which is located at: www.howardcc.edu/news.
Meetings start at 6 p.m. in the Rouse Company Foundation Student Services Hall (RCF), room 400, unless otherwise noted below:
- Wednesday, August 22, 2018 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Wednesday, September 26, 2018 – Board retreat at 2 p.m., followed by Work session and Regular meeting at 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2018 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018 – Abbreviated Regular meeting at 5 p.m. in RCF-401
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 – Budget work session only
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 – Regular meeting only
- Wednesday, February 27, 2019 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Wednesday, March 27, 2019 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 – Special budget meeting - cancelled.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Wednesday, May 29, 2019 – Work session, Regular meeting
- Friday, June 7, 2019 – Board retreat at 8:30 a.m. in RCF-401
Audit and Finance Committee Meetings
Committee meetings start at 8:30 a.m. in RCF 401, unless otherwise noted below:
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Legislative and Community Relations Committee Meetings
Committee meetings start at 8:30 a.m. in RCF 120B, unless otherwise noted below:
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019
A member of the public who wishes to present any matter of concern pertaining to the board must submit a written request to the secretary/treasurer of the board at least 72 hours prior to the regularly scheduled public meeting for review and response. In emergency situations, the board may, by a majority vote, give visitors who have not presented a written request in advance an opportunity to present their concerns to the board in any regular public meeting. The board, in recognition of the need to complete its business within reasonable time, may limit the presentation to three minutes.
For more information on meetings of the board of trustees, contact HCC’s Office of the President at 443-518-1820.