"Emotional wellness" is the awareness and acceptance of our own feelings and the feelings of others. It’s the ability to acknowledge and share feelings of anger, stress, sadness, or fear, as well as joy, happiness, hope, and love.
Tips for Emotional Wellness
- Practice positive thinking: Be optimistic, and create hopeful expectations for the future.
- Stop negative selftalk: Statements like “I’m no good” or “nobody likes me” are not healthy.
- Remind yourself often about your positive characteristics; open yourself to humor...allow yourself to laugh.
- Recognize your feelings: Be able to identify when you are angry, sad, disgusted, anxious, and so on.
- Accept your feelings: Emotions are a normal part of being human; once you accept them, even painful emotions will be less troubling.