Follow these steps to set up your HCC user account or to reset an expired or forgotten password.
1. Go to login.howardcc.edu
On this page you will do the following:
- Enter your HCC Login ID (in the format of jwalker1234).
- Enter your zip code and home phone number.
- Create your secret questions.
- Click 'Next' to continue.
- Create your new password. This should be at least 7 characters long and have 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number, and 1 special character.
2. If you have a smart phone, iPad, or laptop that automatically checks email or connects to the college's WiFi network, then you need to update those devices. Do this at the same time you complete step 1.
Please contact the HCC Help Desk at (443) 518-4444, or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or problems using Password Services. Help Desk staff are available to assist you personally in the open computer labs, DH110 and CL129.
The college launched Password Services in an effort to increase network security for students and to assist users with making password changes. Key features of Password Services include:
- Online password changes and resets. Passwords can be conveniently changed and, if forgotten, reset online.
- Reminders. Every six months, users will receive an email reminding them their password must be changed.
- Security Questions. When resetting a forgotten password, users will be required to answer a series of questions, providing another layer of security and protecting accounts from unwanted intrusions.
- Ability to manage security questions. After login, users will be able to change their answers to the security questions.
- If an account is disabled or locked, users should seek assistance from the Help Desk, at the contact information above.