Internships are one-time, temporary work experiences for students with basic academic preparation.
- The work experience relates to the students major or career goals.
- The position can be paid or nonpaid
- Students do not earn academic credit
Cooperative Education (Co-ops)
Co-ops are more structured work experiences than internships and have an academic component. At HCC, co-ops coincide with the students’ other classes or are taken during the summer break.
- The work experience relates to the student's major
- Students will be required to work for an employer for 6 – 15 weeks, depending on how many credits they wish to earn
- Positions can be paid or nonpaid
- Students will participate in a six week co-op seminar
- Student will reflect on their work experience in writing
- Academic credit is earned upon successful completion
Return to Co-op/Internship Home Page
Counseling and Career Services Room: RCF 302
Phone: 443 518 1340 Fax: 443 518 4499
Email: CCS@howardcc.edu Facebook: www.facebook.com/counselinghcc