The program is open to a limited number of HCC new and current students who are economically disadvantaged (low income) and face barriers to educational achievement.
The program includes:
• Displaced homemakers, defined as single, divorced, separated, legally separated, or widowed students over the age of 35 who are low income and unemployed or underemployed;
• Single parents, defined as those (male or female) who are the sole head of their household and provide the majority of financial support for their family;
• Single pregnant women.
To be eligible, participants should also be:
• Unemployed or underemployed
• Having difficulty finding employment
• Dependent on the income of a family member and have lost part or all income as a result of separation, divorce, death, or disability of that family member, or unemployment; and/or
• Interested in earning a college degree or certificate leading to a traditional or nontraditional career.
Due to the limited funding of the program, we want our investment in the students we serve to be successful. Therefore, we require those applying for acceptance into the program to be “school ready.” In short, this means that students should have a reliable source of child care, income (wages, AFDC, SS benefits, child support, or other), housing, and transportation before applying.
If you believe that you are eligible and would like to apply for the Career Links Program, please:
Obtain and fill out an application in one of the following ways:
- Pick up an application packet in Room RCF 302 (Rouse Company Foundation Student Services Building) or
- Phone: 443-518-1340 to request an application packet sent through the mail or
- Fill out the following form to have an application mailed to you.
Please allow 2-4 weeks for us to contact you about your application and to schedule an intake appointment if you are eliible. If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact the Career Links coordinator, Maureen Marshall at
email@example.com, phone 443-518-1340, or
write to: Career Links Program
Howard Community College, RCF 302
10901 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia, MD 21044