Counseling and Career Services is located in RCF 302. Phone 443 518 1340
Career Links is designed to assist Howard Community College students who are low-income single parents or displaced homemakers to experience college success. The Career Links coordinator works one-on-one with students to identify and access the resources necessary for academic, career, and employment success. This service is intended to assist qualified students to better meet their personal, family, and work obligations, while pursuing academic and career goals.
Career Links Services
In addition to awarding limited financial assistance with tuition, books, child care, or transportation, Career Links is a formal, structured program that offers linkages to other HCC and community services. Examples of specific Career Links services, HCC services, and community services include:
Click here for information on qualifications and application requirements for the Career Links Program.
Financial Assistance for Returning Students
Limited funds are available for students meeting the basic requirements. Please review the requirements below, if you meet all requirements or expect to meet all requirements by the start of the next semester you may submit your request for financial assistance anytime. You may access the application by following the “bold” link below…
- Limited funding available for financial assistance for the next term.
- Minimum requirements for consideration:
- Proof of registration -- Students must submit copy of registration statement for the next semester.
- Proof of eligibility for financial aid. – Students must submit copy of Financial Aid award, including federal, state, loans and any other financial aid
- GPA of 2.0 or greater (or successfully working towards raising GPA)
- Participation in at least one on-campus resource (i.e. tutoring; an informative workshop; job assistance; personal counseling; or support group meeting)
- At least one individual appointment per semester with Coordinator
Returning Career Links Students' Application for Financial Assistance, click here
Funds from Career Links grants are not awarded to students until 4-6 weeks after the award semester begins. Two possible exceptions include: Students in need of funds to hold classes until Federal Financial Aid is finalized; and Students who need assistance paying their registration fee for the Children’s Learning Center on Campus.
Awards can only be made for the current semester; Career Links does not provide grant assistance during the semester if the student is not enrolled in coursework. Further, Career Links does not consider grants for amounts owed for a previous semester.