The Bookstore is located on the lower-level of the Rouse Company Student Services building (RCF 113) across from the Cafe on the Quad and next to the Welcome Center. For detailed campus maps click here
Bookstore Summer Hours:
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Please Note: The Bookstore will be closed Tuesday, June 30th for our Annual Inventory.
Please Note: The Bookstore will be closed Friday, July 3rd for Independence Day Observance
Textbooks are now available in the store and online for both the Spring and Summer Non-Credit
SUMMER Credit term sales and the Summer Fin. Aid process both began on Monday, May 11th.
The next “Used Book Buy Back” will be conducted during Fall Final Exams week in December
The HCC Bookstore will accept textbooks for refunds under the following conditions:
- Your cash register receipt is required for all refunds. No exceptions!
- New textbooks are returned in new and unsoiled condition. Shrink-wrapped textbooks are not returnable if the package has been opened. Bookstore staff will determine whether or not books are in new condition.
- Defective textbooks will be replaced at no charge.
Refund Time Limits:
- Fall and spring semesters: Textbooks must be returned within the first two weeks of the semester.
- Winter, summer, and continuing education semesters: Textbooks must be returned within the first week of class.
- Textbooks for courses that run less than one week are not returnable.
- For textbooks purchased during the term or session, returns must be made within one week of the date of purchase.
- Academic Dates and Deadlines
The return policy applies to textbooks only. Sales of all other items are final.
The HCC Bookstore accepts personal checks in payment for purchases, given the following:
- Checks must include the student's name, address, phone number, and student ID number.
- Students and HCC staff may cash or write a check for $5 over the amount of a purchase.
- The HCC Bookstore does not accept second-party checks.
- Checks are validated by TeleCheck. TeleCheck charges a $35 fee for returned checks.
Please feel free to contact the Bookstore via e-mail with any comments, questions or inquiries you may have. Please send your communications to KCollins@howardcc.edu.