A comprehensive guide to your HCC login account and password
Are you new to HCC? Welcome! Here is what you need to know to set up your HCC login credentials.
Your HCC Login ID and password are needed to log in to college computers, to check college email, to access online courses in Canvas, and to register for classes, access your course schedule, check grades, pay bills, and do other online college business in myHCC.
- Enter your HCC Login ID (in the format of jwalker1234). If you do not know your HCC Login ID:
- Check the welcome email you received from the college to your personal email account.
- Check your registration documents.
- Visit https://express.howardcc.edu and use the What's My User ID? utility. It's located on the bottom right of the page.
- Note that your HCC Login ID consists of the first character of your first name + the first 7 characters of your last name + the last 4 digits of your HCC student ID number.
- Enter your zip code and home telephone number that you provided for your college record.
- Select or create your secret questions and answers. This is for identity verification next time you need to reset your password.
- Click 'Next' to continue.
- Create your new password. Criteria: password must be at least 7 characters long and contain at least 1 uppercase character, 1 lower case character, 1 number, and 1 special character, such as "!, @, #, $, or %".
Do you need to re-set your current password because it will be expiring or do you just want to change it now?
HCC students, faculty and staff are required to change their passwords every 6 months. A reminder email will be sent to your college email account daily until the password is changed, beginning 10 days before your account expires. We recommend putting a reminder in your calendar to note when your password will expire. Follow the instructions below to re-set your current password.
- If you are already logged into a college computer, you will not need to enter your password again. If prompted, login in with your current HCC Login ID and password.
- Click myHCC Accounts
- Create your new password. Criteria: password must be at least 7 characters long and contain at least one upper case character, one lower case character, 1 number and 1 special character, such as "!, @, #, $, or %"
Did you forget your password or has your account expiration date passed?
If you are unsure of your current password or the deadline has passed to change an expired password:
- Visit login.howardcc.edu
- You will be prompted to verify your identity by answering secret questions you set up previously.
Note: If you can't login and need to change your password on campus, please visit either of the computer labs located in DH-110 or CL-129 for assistance in accessing Password Services.
Would you like to take advantage of our Password Pin Re-set feature?
This will enable future password recovery via text messages to your cell phone. It is a great feature if you tend to forget the answers to your secret questions! To activate this feature on your account, you will first need to log in and update your account information with your mobile phone number.
- Visit login.howardcc.edu/login and log in, if prompted, with your HCC Login ID and password.
- Click My Profile.
- Add your mobile phone number, including your 3-digit area code.
- Click Submit.
If you have a smart phone, iPad, or laptop that you want to set up to automatically check email and/or connect to the college's WiFi network:
Still need some help?
Feel free to contact the Technology Help Desk and our staff will be happy to assist you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Call: 443-518-4444; Walk-in: DH-110 or CL-129 computer labs.