Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities
What is the Workforce Recruitment Program?
The Workforce Recruitment Program for College Students with Disabilities (WRP) is a resource to connect public and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated postsecondary students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workforce. Employers seek to fill summer intern positions in a variety of fields.
Who is eligible to participate in the WRP?
Students in certificate programs or continuing education courses are not eligible for WRP.
An applicant for the program must
- have a substantiated disability
- be a United States citizen
- be enrolled in an accredited institution of higher learning on a substantially full-time degree-seekingbasis (unless the severity of the disability precludes the student from taking a substantially full-time load) OR
- be enrolled in such an institution as a degree-seeking student taking less than a substantially full-time load in the enrollment period immediately prior to graduation OR
- have graduated from such an institution within the past year.
What does the WRP offer to eligible students?
The WRP is an excellent way for students with disabilities in all fields of study to:
- market their abilities to a wide variety of potential employers across the United States
- sharpen their interviewing skills during a required one-on-one meeting with a WRP recruiter
- gain valuable skills, experience, and contacts on the job
- prove that people with disabilities can be excellent employees
The WRP is co-sponsored by the Office of Disability Employment Policy and the Department of Defense, with support from other federal agencies.
How can you participate?
Orientation sessions about the Workforce Recruitment Program will be held in late August early September 2015. The registration deadline for applying is early October 2015. Interviews will be conducted mid-November 2015, and students will be notified for internship placements during the spring 2016 semester for summer internships in 2016. Exact deadlines will be announced as soon as they are known.
- For additional information, please contact Amy Crawford at 443-518-4009 or email email@example.com.