Academic Support Programs
The pursuit of a college degree can be challenging under even the best of circumstances, but HCC's academic support programs are here to help. Our programs meet you where you are and provide you with the services you need to achieve your goals. Through both academic and personal assistance, we want to see you succeed at HCC!
If you are a Black or minority male student, a Hispanic or Latino student, a single parent or displaced homemaker, or a student who knows you need extra help, we're here to support you. Through mentoring, counseling, group activities and one-on-one attention, our programs are designed to help you with the rigors of college and with career preparation and life skills development.
Academic support programs include:
- Career Links - assistance for qualified low-income single parents and displaced homemakers in reaching academic and career goals
- Howard P.R.I.D.E. - leadership program encouraging academic, personal, and professional success of black/minority male students
- Step UP - one-on-one coaching to help manage the challenges of college
- Student Support Services Program (TRIO) - customized academic support services to students who are low income, first generation college students or have documented disabilities.
- Ambiciones - An academic and personal achievement program, Ambiciones is designed to promote a supportive community for Hispanic/Latino students.
If you are interested in learning more, call our office.