ESL Registration and Placement Testing
Our experienced advisors can help you choose a class that fits your need.
A placement test is required for all new students. You will take a placement test and meet with an advisor who will help you choose a class that is suitable for your English level. We give placement tests during the times listed in the schedules below in the Hickory Ridge Building, Room 200. No appointment is necessary.
Fall 2017 Testing & Registration Schedule
|August 10||Thursday||5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|August 14||Monday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|August 16||Wednesday||5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|August 19||Saturday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|August 22||Tuesday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|August 23||Wednesday||5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|August 28||Monday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|August 29||Tuesday||5:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.|
|September 1||Friday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
Most classes begin on September 5! Register early!
There will be no classes from November 22-26 for Thanksgiving.
Important Information About Testing & Registration
• A placement test is required for all new students. Testing is NOT required for returning students in most situations.
• Placement tests are given, during the times on the chart above, in Room 200 of the Hickory Ridge Building on Howard Community College's campus. No appointment is necessary. Children are not allowed in testing rooms.
• Students must be 16 or older to register.
• To register for an online class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• All students pay the listed prices. Fees are not eligible for waiver.
• Only ages 60+ are eligible for tuition waiver.
Bring to Registration:
• Payment for pay classes
• Materials fee ($50) for free classes
• Pay with credit card, cash or check
• Advising sheet from previous semester (for returning students only)
Full-Time Intensive English Program
If you want to study English full time, our English Institute offers a full-time program for F1 international students and U.S. residents. Study 18 hours a week, receive special advising and support, and take part in many exciting activities. Visit howardcc.edu/ei or call for additional information about this fast-track English program.