ESL Registration and Placement Testing
Our experienced advisors can help you choose a class that fits your need.
A placement test is required for all new students. You will take a placement test and meet with an advisor who will help you choose a class that is suitable for your English level. We give placement tests during the times listed in the schedules below in the Hickory Ridge Building, Room 200. No appointment is necessary.
Summer I 2018 Testing & Registration Schedule
|April 30||Monday||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|May 2||Wednesday||11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
|May 3||Thursday||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|May 7||Monday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|May 8||Tuesday||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
Students may register for Summer II classes during Summer I Registration sessions.
Summer II 2018 Testing & Registration Schedule
|June 26||Tuesday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|June 28||Thursday||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|July 2||Monday||5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.|
|July 3||Tuesday||10 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
College Closings (no classes):
- May 28 (Mon) Memorial Day
- July 4 (Wed) Independence Day
Important Information About Testing & Registration
- A placement test is required for all new students. Testing is NOT required for returning students in most situations.
- Placement tests are given, during the times on the chart above, in Room 200 of the Hickory Ridge Building on Howard Community College's campus. No appointment is necessary. Children are not allowed in testing rooms.
- Students must be 16 or older to register.
- To register for an online class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students pay the listed prices. Fees are not eligible for waiver.
- Only ages 60+ are eligible for tuition waiver.
Bring to Registration:
- Payment for pay classes
- Materials fee ($50) for free classes
- Pay with credit card, cash or check
- Advising sheet from previous semester (for returning students only)
Full-Time Intensive English Program
If you want to study English full time, our English Institute offers a full-time program for F1 international students and U.S. residents. Study 18 hours a week, receive special advising and support, and take part in many exciting activities. Visit howardcc.edu/ei or call for additional information about this fast-track English program.