Senior Adult 60+ Courses
Learning for the joy of learning. Doesn’t that sound terrific?
Lifetime Learning at HCC
HCC is proud to serve Maryland residents ages 60 and up. If you fall into this category, we invite you to review our course offerings and see what inspires you. Explore the arts, history, philosophy, fitness and more. You may receive a tuition waiver for many courses. Fees are not included. At the annual Senior Adult Summer Institute (SASI) event, spend four days on campus, lunching and learning with new friends!
60+ Tuition Discounts
Maryland residents ages 60+ receive a tuition waiver for many classes. Fees are not included. All classes will have a total course price listed, with the included fees listed beside it in parenthesis.
Courses that are not eligible for tuition waiver will be noted with either "**" or the statement that there are no waivers.
All course numbers that start with "XE" are not eligible for tuition waivers. Unless otherwise noted, students ages 60+ pay only the fees in parenthesis. You must be 60 when you register for the class in order to receive the discount.
- $40 (includes $20 in fees) - Age 60+ pay $20, under 60 pay $40
- $64 (includes $45 in fees) - Age 60+ pay $45, under 60 pay $64
- $11** (fee based, no waivers) - All ages pay the same (in this case, $11)
Senior Adult Summer Institute (SASI)
Four Days of Learning for the Love of It with SASI
Co-Sponsored With Howard County Department of Recreation & Parks
June 5-June 8 (Monday-Thursday), 9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Kittleman Room (Duncan Hall, Room 100), Howard Community College
Please call 410-313-7279 for registration information. Please also pack a lunch. $17 per day.
- Monday: The Wild, Wild White House: History of Presidential Pets taught by Patrick Heline
- Tuesday: Cybersecurity and You taught by Lev Volynskiy
- Wednesday: From Age-ing to Sage-ing: Timeless Stories from Around the World taught by Sandy Lundahl
- Thursday: A Day of Discovery: Exploring the Arab World taught by Inas Hassan
Space will be limited, so you will want to register early!
If you take classes at a senior center in Howard County, you will be requested to fill out an emergency contact information sheet for the Howard County Office on Aging and join the center, which your class is held at no charge.