Ophthalmic Technician Training
Become an Ophthalmic Technician
Gain the theory and practical skills you need to work as an ophthalmic technician. As an entry-level ophthalmic technician, you will:
- Conduct patient histories
- Assist with eye exams
- Set up and clean up exam rooms
- Provide patient education
After successful completion of training, you will be eligible to register for the mandatory internship associated with course completion.
This course includes an online component as well as mandatory skills/lab sessions.
How to Register
In order to register for this class, you must:
- Meet with the division coordinator to show proof of high school diploma/GED (or pass a Math and English assessment test).
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Complete health forms required for patient contact.
Please call Jennifer Bukowitz at 443- 518-4967 or Kathy Schultz at 443-518-4981 to schedule an appointment to obtain a registration form.
Scheduled Course for the Upcoming Term
Fri, Sat, Sep 22-Nov 18
Orientation on Sep 22, 9 am-12 pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 264
To register for the course, please follow the steps outlined above under “How to Register.”
Hi! We would be happy to share more information about our continuing education programs.
Please submit the form and we will be in touch shortly!