Basic Skills for Adults
You are in the right place, if you need:
- A high school diploma
- To qualify for college-level classes
- A refresher in basic math, reading, or writing skills
Basic Skills Courses Information Sessions
Are you curious about our Adult Basic Skills program? Not quite ready to commit? Visit our main campus in Columbia to find out more about our program and ask questions in a relaxed setting.
- Learn about our program and classes
- See our classrooms
- Hear about our personalized registration and counseling process.
In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to ask questions about our high school completion programs, as well as our math and language arts classes.
Future Information Sessions will be announced in this space:
All information sessions are held in the Hickory Ridge Building on HCC’s main campus in Columbia. View HCC’s campus map for more information.
Call Michele at 443-518-4919 for information. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
High School Diploma Programs (GED/NEDP)
If you need to prepare for the GED exam in Howard County or earn your high school diploma, HCC can give you the skills you need.
Ready to Register for Fall Classes?
Fall classes will run September 18-December 7, 2017. To make an appointment, call 443-518-4919. The final date to make an appointment is Thursday, September 7
Orientation, Placement Testing and Registration
Appointments are recommended. If you have accommodations for testing, please bring documentation to registration.
• Tuesday, September 5, 10 a.m.
• Thursday, September 7, 5:30 p.m.
• Monday, September 11, 10 a.m.
• Wednesday, September 13, 5:30 p.m.
Hickory Ridge Building
If you choose this option, be prepared to stay for at least five hours and bring payment ($50-$100) for class.
High School Programs in North Laurel
Do you live or work in North Laurel? If so, you may want to attend one of the below FREE information/registration sessions to learn more about HCC’s high school diploma programs to be held in North Laurel.
• Thursday, August 17 starting at 6:00 p.m.
• Monday, August 21 starting at 11:00 a.m .
• Monday, August 21 starting at 6:00 p.m .
• Wednesday, Sept. 6 starting at 11:00 a.m .
• Tuesday, Sept. 12 starting at 11:00 a.m .
• Tuesday, Sept. 12 starting at 6:00 p.m.
These sessions will all be held at the North Laurel Community Center, 9411 Whiskey Bottom Road, Laurel, MD 20723. Students must be prompt!
For more information, call or text 443-718-0103 or email email@example.com
If you have a high school diploma but need to improve basic skills in math, writing, or reading before taking college classes, we offer the following courses that can help you prepare.