Office of International Education
Globalizing the Campus
The familiar phrase "think globally, act locally" takes a slight twist at HCC: we act locally to help people think globally!
HCC's Office of International Education plays an integral role in globalizing student academic experiences by providing leadership and coordination for international programs and initiatives, including:
- Study Abroad Programs
- Advocacy and awareness of global education issues
- Globalizing the curriculum
- Exchange Programs with international colleges and institutions
- International Education Week
- International grants for faculty
- International visitors
- Representation of HCC to external organizations, colleges, and institutions
- International articulation agreements
- Scholarships/Financial Assistance for Study Abroad
In addition to the above features, Global Distinction is a program that helps students develop greater intercultural competency, preparing them to become global citizens in the interconnected world of the 21st century. Requirements include foreign language study, participation in an intercultural experience (domestic or abroad), and globally intensive coursework.