Affordable pathways to enter and succeed in this century's technology-based workforce.
Whether you’re a recent high school graduate or not-so-recent computer science major, a mid-career IT professional or tech-savvy career-changer, HCC’s Information Technology instructional area provides accesible pathways for career entry, skill updates and certifications, and transfer for continued study at a four-year school.
HCC is the right choice for a rigorous and nationally-recognized information technology education, and here are some reasons why:
- Designation by NSA and the Department of Homeland Security as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity Defense, and a National Center of Digital Forensics Academic Excellence by the DoD Cyber Crime Center;
- Career programs leading to employment and industry skill certifications;
- Associate degree programs meeting general education core requirements and transfer agreements to four-year programs;
- State-of-the-art technology and facilities with hands-on lab instruction;
- Industry partnerships and resources for experiential learning, including opportunities for extracurricular and cyber competitions;
- Expertise of experienced faculty and practicing professionals;
- Business and communication skills key to implementing technical solutions.
HCC provides multiple program options for IT students to meet their specific end goals, areas of interest, and transfer requirements: