Benefits to the Community
Giving Makes A Difference
Rarely is there an opportunity to significantly impact our entire community. At Howard Community College, such opportunities present themselves on a regular basis in the form of the dreams and aspirations of our students. Through your involvement with the HCC Educational Foundation, you can become a vital participant in making dreams a reality and your community a more vital place.
- More than 30,000 students annually enroll in HCC’s credit and non-credit programs
- Nearly 74% of HCC students remain and work in the community after completing their educational program and contribute to the local economy
- Students boost their earning power through their HCC education, resulting in a 21% return on their tuition and college costs. Students earning a two-year degree at HCC will earn $457,200 more than someone with a high school diploma or GED
- HCC pumps about $401.5 million annually into the local community
- For every $1 allocated to HCC, state and local government see a 7% return in the form of higher tax receipts and lower social costs (e.g., better health care and less incarceration)
- Support for HCC ensures outreach to under-served populations and expanded access to postsecondary education in Howard County
- Approximately 500 employers recruit at HCC each year
- HCC partners with hundreds of organizations including hospitals, businesses and government
- 175,000 people attend HCC’s visual and performing arts, youth programs, cultural events, career fairs, and other public service activities
- HCC offers over 180 degree program options and certificates that are preparing students for direct entrance to workforce or preparation for transfer to area colleges and universities
- HCC offers award winning quality, evidenced by receiving the prestigious U.S. Senate Productivity Award
- HCC has been designated as a “Great College to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015!