Businesses & Employers
HCC: Your Business Partner
HCC plays an integral role in Howard County and the region, contributing roughly $337.8 million annually into the local community. As such, HCC works closely with business and civic leaders to educate students for today’s in-demand careers, to promote entrepreneurship and to provide workforce development resources for the community. At the same time, Howard Community College is also one of the county’s largest employers. On a broader level, HCC plays a leadership role in rallying stakeholders from across the community for the region’s economic, cultural, educational, and global development.
We invite you to explore the various aspects of HCC’s business presence:
- HCC's Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development delivers customized programs covering everything from skills assessments, team building, and supervisory/leadership seminars to management strategies and sophisticated technological training. Geared to both individuals and businesses, our training services respond to the community’s ever-changing business and industry needs.
- HCC's Charles I. Ecker Business Training Center (BTC) is home to many of our business classes as well as the site for customized business training and consulting services for businesses and organizations. BTC is also an affordable location to hold your next meeting, workshop, seminar or small conference.
- HCC's Center for Entrepreneurial & Business Excellence offers a variety of resources including one-on-one guidance and support from a business coach, classes that are designed to meet your needs and more.
- For employers, HCC’s Counseling and Career Services office coordinates career fairs, job listings, recruitment and co-op/internship opportunities between hiring organizations and HCC students and community members.
- The Business & Computer Systems Division offers degrees and certificate programs in a range of cybersecurity, computer science, and information technology areas of study. The division is also home to the Center for Hospitality and Culinary Studies, as well as offering programs in business, accounting, and office technology.
- Looking to do business with HCC? Formal solicitations for purchases are posted by our Office of Procurement, which provides administrative support and oversees the purchasing activities of the college.