She Kills Monsters
By Qui Nguyen
Directed by Jenny Male
A comedic romp into the world of fantasy role-playing games, She Kills Monsters tells the story of Agnes Evans as she leaves her childhood home in Ohio, following the death of her teenage sister, Tilly. When Agnes finds Tilly’s Dungeons & Dragons notebook, however, she stumbles into a journey of discovery and action-packed adventure in the imaginary world that was Tilly’s refuge. In this high-octane dramatic comedy laden with homicidal fairies, nasty ogres, and 90’s pop culture, acclaimed young playwright Qui Nguyen offers a heart-pounding homage to the geek and warrior within us all.
"Packed with action, wit, and a sizable nerd-quotient, the production is a delight from start to finish" – Theatremania
"Deceptively breezy and rather ingenious. The whole enterprise is kind of dopey and kind of invigorating and kind of remarkable. It will slash and shapeshift its way into your heart." - The New York Times
- March 15-17, 2018, 7:30 PM
- March 18, 2018, 2:30 PM
- Approximate Running Time: approximately 95 minutes
- Intermission: NO
- Age Restrictions: PG-13 due to language
- Venue: The Horowitz Visual and Performing Arts Center's Smith Theatre
- Performance Information: This production includes water based haze and strobe.
- Students/Seniors/Faculty/Staff/Military - $5
- General Admission - $10