Steps to Enroll in Credit Classes
1. Apply to the college and prepare for and take your placement tests.
2. Meet with an advisor and choose your classes. During your meeting you will:
- Ensure you are signing up for the correct courses.
- If necessary, demonstrate that you have fulfilled any prerequisites and receive appropriate clearances. You will also receive special permission for courses such as honors classes and credit overloads.
- Are you a transfer student? During your meeting you will review your transcripts and when requested, receive a transcript evaluation.
- Helpful hint: Before your meeting, be sure to check out the Schedule of Classes.
3. Register for classes using myHCC.
- View schedule of classes.
- Familiarize yourself with important registration and refund dates and deadlines.
- Need to change your schedule? Here's how to add, drop and withdraw.
- Helpful hint: After the first day of the term, courses may only be added in person at the Office of Records, Registration and Veterans' Affairs. All students should take advantage of the college’s early registration options.
4. Pay your bill. You have options!
5. Prepare for success.