Get started using veterans benefits at HCC by following the following steps:
2. Complete an Application for Admission to Howard Community College.
3. Make an appointment to take the English and Math placement tests, if required.
4. Submit all official transcripts for evaluation to the Office of Admissions and Advising and complete the Official Transcript Evaluation Request Form. The transcript evaluation fee is waived for veterans.
6. Register for your classes. IMPORTANT: VA benefits do not apply to classes that are not required for your program of study.
7. Visit Records, Registration and Veterans Affairs, RCF-233, to turn in the following VA forms for processing:
8. Veterans may take advantage of the Veterans Deferred Payment Plan or the Tuition Payment Plan. The Veterans Deferred Payment Plan allows students to delay payment of their tuition until they begin receiving their veterans benefits by completing a GI Bill & Tuition Assistance Promissory Note each semester. For more information and additional payment options visit Pay for College.