Students interested in applying for Maryland state scholarships must meet the following application requirements:
- The student must be a Maryland state resident as established by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC); and
- Parents of a dependent student must be a Maryland state resident as established by Maryland Higher Education Commission; and
- The student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1 of each year.
Find out more...
Tips for completing the FAFSA:
- Use a street address, not a P.O. box.
- Select a Maryland college as your first school choice on the FAFSA.
- Indicate that you will be a full-time student on the FAFSA.
- Send a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) to the Office of Student Financial Assistance at MHEC (OSFA), if you file the FAFSA after March 1.
- Send a copy of your corrected SAR to the OSFA if you make changes after March 1.
Awarding decisions are made at MHEC and not HCC. Please refer to the MHEC web page for additional information