What is the DC LEAP?
The DC Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership Program (DC LEAP) is a need-based grant offered to Washington, DC residents for education or training beyond the high school level.
Who is eligible for the DC LEAP?
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible to apply for the DC LEAP:
- Must be an established Washington, DC resident for at least 18 months before filing the LEAP application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident alien.
- Must be accepted for or enrolled in a degree granting (AA, AS, BA, BS) undergraduate program in an accredited college or university on at least a half-time basis.
- Must be enrolled for a full academic year (fall and spring semesters or fall, winter, and spring quarters).
- Must have substantial financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must be in compliance with the school's satisfactory academic progress policy.
- Must file a DC LEAP application for every undergraduate school year (receipt of an award in a previous year does not automatically qualify the student for an award in a subsequent year).
How do I apply for the DC LEAP?
1. Complete the online FAFSA.
2. Complete the DC LEAP application.
Application Deadline: Students must apply by the specified deadline date each June.