Students who are interested in attending Howard Community College during the 2013-2014 academic year are encouraged to complete the financial aid application process by the March 1 priority filing date in order to maximize their financial aid resources. Students who miss the March 1 priority filing date can still apply for financial aid for 2013-2014 up to June 30, 2014. Applications received after the priority filing date may only be considered for a Pell Grant (if eligible) and/or a Federal Direct Student loan.
Although a social security number is not required for admissions, students who wish to be considered for financial aid must provide admissions with their social security number.
Follow these easy steps to apply:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Be sure to include HCC's school code (008175) in the school code section of the FAFSA.
- For ease and accuracy we encourage you to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- You must also be admitted to HCC and have a Social Security Number (SSN) on file with Admissions and Advising before HCC can receive your FAFSA results.
- We strongly encourage you to apply for scholarships. Visit our scholarship page for additional information.
STEP 3 (Transfer Students Only)
- Add HCC's school code (008175) to your 2013-2014 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
- If you were awarded a MD state scholarship, contact Maryland Higher Education Commission to transfer your award to HCC.
- If you have pending loan disbursements at your previous school, please contact the school to cancel all remaining 2013-2014 disbursements. You must reapply for a loan at HCC.