Skip Navigation

Students who are interested in attending Howard Community College during the 2012-2013 academic year are encouraged to complete the financial aid application process by the March 1 priority filing date in order to maximize their financial aid resources. Students who miss the March 1 priority filing date can still apply for financial aid for 2012-2013 up to June 30, 2013. Applications received after the priority filing date may only be considered for a Pell Grant (if eligible) and/or a Federal Direct Student loan.

Although a social security number is not required for admissions, students who wish to be considered for financial aid must provide admissions with their social security number.

Follow these easy steps to apply:

If you have not already done so, you (and your parent if you are a dependent student) must apply for a FAFSA PIN number from the U.S. Department of Education. The FAFSA PIN is used to electronically sign your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and also serves as an identifier to provide access to your personal information in various U.S. Department of Education systems.

Complete the optional 2012-2013 Pre-Application Worksheet. Although this worksheet is optional, completing this form will enable you to complete Step 3 with ease.  Applicants can complete the worksheet in preparation for their electronic application submission. The FAFSA on the Web Worksheet presents the FAFSA questions in the order in which they appear on FAFSA on the Web.

Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at Be sure to include Howard Community College’s school code (008175) in the school code section of the FAFSA. For ease and accuracy we encourage you to use the IRS Data Retrieval ToolYou must also be admitted to HCC and have a Social Security Number (SSN) on file with Admissions and Advising before HCC can receive your FAFSA results

We strongly encourage you to apply for scholarships. Visit our scholarship page for additional information. 

Attention Transfer Students:

If you already filed your 2012-2013 FAFSA, be sure to verify that HCC’s school code (008175) is listed in the school section of your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you do not have your SAR, you can access and update your SAR at You will be required to use your PIN number. If you do not remember it, you can request a duplicate at

Recipients of a:

  • Maryland State Scholarship:
    Please contact Maryland Higher Education Commission to transfer your Maryland State Scholarship to HCC.
  • Federal Direct Student or Parent Plus Loan:
    Please contact your previous school to ensure that any future disbursements for the 2012-2013 academic year are canceled. Please refer to the"Apply for a Loan" link for information on obtaining a student loan at HCC.

Contact Financial Aid Services
Office: 443-518-1260
Fax: 443-518-4576

TTY/STS use MD Relay

Office Hours and


Have financial aid questions?
Contact Financial Aid Today!