Skip Navigation

Return all required  paperwork to the
Office of Records, Registration & Veterans’ Affairs, Room RCF-233

Step 1

Complete the HCC VA Student Information Sheet

Step 2

Complete the VA Application for Educational Benefits (22-1990).  This form is included in the Green VA packet at the Office of Records, Registration & Veterans’ Affairs.  If you prefer, you may complete the application online using VONAPP.

Step 3

Discharged Military must submit a copy of your DD-214 with
the 22-1990.  Active Duty Military/Selected Reservist must submit a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) with the 22-1990. This document can be obtained through the Commanding Officer or the Education Office at the unit in which you report.

Step 4

Submit a registration statement obtained directly from the Office of Records, Registration & Veterans’ Affairs for each semester you wish to be certified for payment.  VA students are required to pay tuition and fees up front.

Step 5

Attach a copy of your Tuition Assistance paperwork to your registration statement for each semester that you request payment if you are participating in the Tuition Assistance Top-Up program.

Step 6

Complete and submit a Transcript Evaluation form to Admissions and Advising located in
RCF-242.   Processing fees for transcript evaluations are waived for veterans. Failure to complete this process may jeopardize future education benefit payments.

Step 7

See Student's Responsibilities

Contact Us!
Records, Registration & Veterans Affairs
Howard Community College — RCF-233
Phone: 443-518-1240
Fax: 443-518-4426

TTY/STS use MD Relay