Skip Navigation

International Citizens

Applicants with visa categories other than F1 (student visa) should complete the following steps to be admitted to HCC:

  1. Submit the Admissions Application.
  2. Bring ORIGINAL visa/immigration documentation to The Office of Admissions and Advising (faxed, emailed, scanned, or photocopied credentials are not acceptable).

Students without the appropriate documentation of immigration status may be admitted, but will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate.

Those in the United States with B1, B2, or F2 status are generally not permitted to enroll in credit coursework.

Tuition for international citizens enrolled in credit classes and programs is based upon immigration and residency status prescribed by state law.  International citizens with Permanent Resident, Refugee, or Asylee status who reside in Howard County are entitled to in-county or in-state tuition in accordance with state law.  They may also be eligible for financial aid and scholarships.  International citizens with A, BC, E, G, H1, H4, I, K1, K2, L, N, O, R, SN, T, U, and V visas, and those with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS), are eligible for in-county and in-state tuition in accordance with state law, but are generally not eligible for financial aid.  International citizens with J visa status are not eligible for in-county or in-state tuition, or federal financial aid.  Financial Aid Services verifies eligibility for financial aid and scholarships.

Contact Us!
Office of Admissions and Advising
Howard Community College — RCF-242
Phone: +1-443-518-4420
Fax: +1-443-518-4589

TTY/STS use MD Relay